1st GLOBAL GEOPARK NETWORK FILM FESTIVAL
The objective of this festival is to stimulate the creation of video by the UNESCO Global Geoparks and to increase their quality as well as to allow the GGN to develop a video database available for the promotion of the network.
Only UNESCO Global Geoparks or official nominations of Aspiring UNESCO Geopark can participate.
Each UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark (with a candidature already officially presented) can participate with one entry (video).
The video submitted to the festival can be produced by the UNESCO Global Geopark itself or by one of its official partners.
The UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark needs to transfer itself directly the candidate video to film festival organization by fulfilling the candidature form inside the festival website.
The participation is limited to one video by UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark.
2- Video specificity
The candidate videos must fulfill the following conditions
a) Duration: between 3 and 5 minutes
b) UHD or 4K quality
c) Presence of Geopark logo (double logo for UNESCO Global Geopark ) at the beginning and the end with a small flag of the concerned country
d) 1 version with English subtitles + 1 version without subtitles
e) All images copyright needs to be owned by the producer of the video
3- Video thematics
The candidate videos should:
a) present globally the UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark with all its features (geological, natural, cultural, intangible heritages, sustainable development, etc…)
b) present specific UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark action or activity in one of the following thematic
- Heritage conservation: conservation actions on geological or natural or cultural or intangible heritage.
- Education: UGGp/aUGGp actions realised in education at all levels
- Poverty reduction
- Sustainable development: UGGp/aUGGp actions on sustainable development, stakeholder involvement, partnership, local products, Geotourism activities, etc..
- Local population involvement: Involvement of population inside the UGGp
- Gender equality: initiative or realisation related with genbder equality (women cooperative, etc..)
- Water resources
- Marine environments: action realized for marine environment conservation
- Good health: UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark sport event, etc.
- Networking: Networking UNESCO Global Geopark or aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark actions at national or international level
- Natural hazards mitigation
- Climate change adaptation
A specific attention will be given, this year, on production connected with gender equlity in Geoparks, Geopark's community empowerment and relations/actions between Geoparks and indigenous communities
4- Send your application:
Submit your participation through the festival website:
b) upload in youtube.com your video (one link for the version without subtitles + one link for the version with subtitles and provide these links in the festival website submission form
Dead line for sending projects is the 30th June 2020
Jury will be composed by 5 International Professional Filmmakers The Jury will screen through internet the different video candidate and will vote for 1 winner and 2 nominee.
A trophy and a financial award will be delivered:
2020 winner: Trophy + 3.000€
2020 nominee: Trophy + 2.000€ (for each one of the two nominee)